Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Welcoming Feast

Today is the official day my parents and sister have moved in with me. :)

Mummy, daddy and Adik have not been eating proper food the last few days because of the packing and moving, therefore, I decided to cook up a feast for them today. Nothing so great but something I know my parents and husband would like to have after a long day, after a long time.

1st Dish




Asam Pedas Ikan Tenggiri

I have always loved Asam Pedas. Whether with steamed rice or plain bread, the texture of the gravy and the combined sour and spicy taste can make me sweat!

2nd dish






Ayam Lemak Cili Padi
(not so spicy-for the kids)

Credits to my grandmother for this dish. :) Nenek taught me how to cook the non-spicy version of this dish for the kids. The kids love it and so do I! Though many prefer the dish to be more spicy, I kinda like it this way. Saves me from cooking a separate dish for the kids. Besides, I have a 'superstar' husband who declares he cannot take too much spicy food to care for his vocals.  0_o Whatever it is, I cater to myself and my family. And for you hubby, not so spicy also not so spicy lah. (So, don't disturb my Asam Pedas later k. Heheh.)

and finally, the husband's favourite dish.










Sambal Goreng Mak

And this final dish, is my Mother-In-law's recipe.  :)
Credits to her, my second attempt looks and tastes much more delicious!

The only thing left to do now is to enjoy my food. But I shall wait till everyone's home. Afterall, I've always hated eating alone. :p

6 comments:

srichantiQue said...

asam pedas! best eaten with roti perancis garing!

and darling, rid pun favourite sambal goreng mak dia. only thing is, i don't know how to whip up one! :O

Anonymous said...

Hi,I happen to pass by your food blog..your whipped up dishes look very mouthwatering. Well done will help if you can post the recipes as well :)

Shikin said...

sri, i agree!! :D
and don't worry darling, into the 6th year of marriage, i have only cooked bobo's fav dish twice. :0 itu pun, dia kata belum on par sangat. hahaha! but it's ok, in fact, i'd rather he still prefers his mom's sambal goreng. (which is really, truly much much much more delicious than mine!) hehe. saves me the hassle too. :p

Shikin said...

hi anonymous!
thk u so much! will post the recipes as soon as i have more time in my hands. :D do come back ok!

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
Your food looks yummy...I've been longing to cook the 3 dishes posted above (Welcoming Feast)....are u able to share / post ur recipe pls???? I'm a failure at Asam Pedas hehehehe

Shikin said...

hi!!
i'm in the middle of updating now! :D
and no worries, failure at something can make one be a pro at it!

Post a Comment