Thursday, December 24, 2009

Spicy Cereal Prawns

Gosh, I have totally forgotten all about this blog until my sister-in-law asked for my Cereal Prawns recipe this afternoon.
Pardon me for the absence, I wish I had taken more pictures of all the food I had cooked the last, errr...3 months? :p
Anyway, until I dig through all the albums for the pictures of the rest of the food, here is the recipe for my favourite dish. Everyone loves it. I am so glad I tried cooking it. I used to only go to Prinsep St Mckenzie Chicken Rice Restaurant for it. But now, I am proud to say, my favourite prawn dish there, is on par with what I had cooked. Hehehe.

Extremely easy.
Simply delicious.
Much, much more cost saving than to have it in the restaurants.

:)

Ingredients:
1 kg fresh prawns (clean but do not remove head)
Sesame oil
Salt to taste
Sugar to taste
Pepper
curry leaves
bird's eye chillis (lots of it if you want it real spicy)
6 cloves garlic (minced and I like lots of garlic in my dishes.Hee.)
Nestum cereal (I use 3/4 packet for 1kg of prawns. You can use more if you like.)
butter
oil for frying prawns


Method:

Season the prawns with sesame oil, a dash of pepper, salt and a little bit of sugar.

  1. Deep fry the seasoned prawns (only till half cooked) in oil. Remove prawns as soon as they have turned colour evenly. If you are cooking a lot or have a small wok or deep fryer, I suggest you fry the prawns in batches so that all of the prawns are evenly fried and not overcooked.

  2. Drain the prawns and leave them aside.

  3. Melt butter in wok.

  4. Fry garlic till fragrant.

  5. Add chilli padi (bird's eye chilli) and curry leaves till fragrant

  6. Add in cereal and fry.

  7. Add in salt and sugar to taste

  8. Lastly, add in the prawns till fully cooked.

Done. :) Easy Peasy.


It'll be everyone's favourite dish to whip for anyone, anytime!


No comments:

Post a Comment