Saturday, March 19, 2011

Chilli Crabs

I had been procrastinating to cook this dish because for one,I know the only way to enjoy it is when I have it with my bunch of loved ones.

So when Hubby said his siblings were coming over last Sunday,to discuss something,I grabbed the opportunity to finally cook the dish.

2.24kg of fresh crabs,chosen by Hubby. To be eaten by mom,dad,myself,Hubby,Sis,Sis-in-laws,Brother-in-law and his wife.

Seriously,as I cooked the dish,I was looking forward to licking my fingers! :p

And a darling friend,Farah Aka CadyMcbronzie,suggested I buy mantou buns to dip in the chilli crab sauce. Well,what do you know...great suggestions like that,I would never not take! Hee! Thanks babe!

So yeah,mantou buns are readily available at Sheng Siong. Halal,for sure! :)

Here goes!

Ingredients

2kg flower crabs (Cut,scrubbed,cleaned and knocked on the pincers)
(A)
3 tablespoons tomato sauce
2 tablespoons chilli paste
2 tablespoons corn flour
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons salt
Half cup of water
(B)
2 eggs
3 tablespoons butter
1 onion,sliced

Method
1. Put (A) in a big bowl and stir well.
2. Heat butter in wok.
3. Add onions and sauté till fragrant
4. Add the combined (A) ingredients.
5. Stir till fragrant.
6. Add in the crabs.
7. Allow the crabs to change colour to make sure it's fully cooked.
8. Break the eggs in and stir well.
9. Serve, with corriander as garnishing.

VoilĂ ! It was THAT easy!!!!!!



Chilli crab (centre) with mantou buns (top left).
The rest of the dishes in the pic above were Cereal Prawns,Ikan Tiga Rasa,Kangkong Belacan and Omelette. :)

A complete meal. *Burp*

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment